Being healthy has never been so fun!
GravityFit is a high intensity trampoline workout for all fitness levels. Within the hour long GravityFit class, you will get a total-body workout and can burn up to 1000 calories.
Benefits of GravityFit
There are many benefits of a trampoline workout, known as “rebounding.” Studies have shown that regular rebounding can:
- Reduce your body fat
- Firm your arms
- Shape your legs, hips and abdomen
- Improve your balance
- Stimulate your lymphatic system, protecting your joints
- Strengthen your muscles and bones without being high impact
- Provide an anaerobic/aerobic effect for your cardiopulmonary systems
- Revitalize your body when it's tired
Not to mention, GravityFit is a great way to cross train. According to the Well Being Journal, from a cardiovascular perspective, 20 minutes of rebounding is equal to 1 hour of running!
Come join us for a class and experience the benefits and most importantly, HAVE FUN at GravityFit!
- Monday: 8pm-9pm
- Tuesday: 8pm-9pm
- Wednesday: 8pm-9pm
- Thursday: 8pm-9pm
- This class fuses our regular GravityFit rebounding techniques with exciting dance moves, creating a cardio workout with a high calorie burn. If you thought jumping on a trampoline was fun, this dance class brings the party to a whole new level!
$12 per class
$19 for a week GravityFit pass
$32 for a 30 day GravityFit pass
If you are planning to come more than 4 times a month, we suggest purchasing the monthly pass!
Make sure to call ahead to make a reservation for your class, they fill up quickly!
Make a reservation online or call (919) 825-1010.
What to Wear
- Workout clothes! Something comfortable that will allow you full motion. We now require everyone to wear our grip socks. Socks are $3/pair and you can bring them back each time you come- no need to buy a pair every time. Shoes are not allowed on the trampolines.
What to Bring
- A water bottle (2 drinking fountains are also available in the lobby)
- A small sports towel…you will be sweating!!!
- A ton of energy!
When You Arrive
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in and sign a waiver (for first timers)! All jumpers under 18 must have their waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Waiver computers are available near the entrance of the facility.
- Remove all excess clothing, shoes, socks, necklaces, dangling earrings, cell phones, etc. and store them in the cubbies in the lobby. Lockers are also available for rent for valuables.
Meet Our GravityFit Instructors
I have been the Fusion instructor for DefyGravity Durham since December of 2014. My entire family was very athletic growing up, and I was helping my mom prepare for Army PT tests when I was still in elementary school. I participated in a number of sports, including gymnastics, softball, cheerleading, and karate. I continued to carry this passion for sports and physical activity into my time attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where I was on the Club Gymnastics team and helped lead a running group. I am AFAA certified in group fitness, and for me, Fusion is the best part of my week!
Growing up I was always involved in athletics and stayed active. With about 10 years of gymnastics and dance experience, I have developed the skills and discipline required to make myself a better athlete. As cheerleading captain throughout Middle School and High School I sharpened my leadership skills. At the age of 15, I earned my Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor certifications. I began working in aquatics as a lifeguard, swim instructor/coach, and water aerobics instructor. Even though I love the water to this day and swam like a fish as a child, this was a new experience for me. For the next 9 years I expanded my knowledge in aquatics and relocated to Greenville, North Carolina for college. I am an East Carolina Alum, where I studied Public Health and further realized I wanted a career choice that involves helping people by providing positive health. Currently, I am a certified personal trainer, gymnastics coach, and GravityFit instructor . I'm excited to share my skills and charisma with the DefyGravity community.
Growing up in a family where health and fitness played an important role in our daily lives, I developed a love for sports and working-out at a young age. Whether doing the "old school" 80s work-out videos with my mom or playing baseball, basketball, and tennis with my brother outside, I was always active. I continued that activity by playing basketball throughout high school and flag football in college. Once I had my son, I knew having time to continue my active lifestyle was going to diminish quickly; so, I grabbed a work-out buddy and we would stay motivated with home DVDs (Tae Bo, P90, and TurboJam, to name a few). After having my second child, that friend introduced me to Zumba Fitness. After almost a year, I became a licensed ZIN Instructor, earned my Primary Group Fitness Instructor Certification, and am now CPR/FirstAid certified. I took my love of music and dance and "fused" it with my new-found love of "rebounding" and created the GravityFit Fusion class.
My approach to health and fitness can be attributed to tackling my own personal weight loss struggles. I had known for some time that I needed to work on my weight – from my health issues, as well as health issues I saw with my family. But - after several unsuccessful attempts using quick gimmicks, I got a rude wake up call that I knew I had to take this seriously or not be around for my family. One day I brought my kids into DefyGravity and saw the GravityFit program. Though scared of what might happen, I faced my fears and tried it! Two years and 65 lbs later I’m still doing it.
Today I’ve transformed my exercise and nutrition views into my daily life and I continue to grow. I want to let others know that eating right and exercise is FUN and you shouldn’t let it intimidate you.